Carpet cleaning - Pet stains - tips and advice
Updated: Dec 1, 2019
Carpet Stain treatment - How to clean a fresh pet stain off your carpet?......
When it comes to cleaning stains off carpets the number one rule is "know your carpet"! Some stains may lock in and become harder to remove if the wrong cleaning method is used on the stain.
One of the most Common stains found in most homes are pet stains.
Here are 6 quick and easy steps in cleaning up pet stains (urine) off from carpets.
1. Use a white cloth or a white paper towel to absorb as much of the stain as you can by blotching the stain or spill.
2. Once you are satisfied with attempting to absorb as much of the stain as you can, fill spray bottle water up half with COLD water and half with white vinegar. Spray the area with your vinegar solution covering the entire stain.
3. In a small bowl add COLD water then add a few small drops of dish washing detergent or foam up a soap bar into the bowl of water.
4. Using your soapy cleaning solution and a fresh white cloth or white paper towel, begin cleaning the stain, working from the outside part of the stain inwards. This will reduce the amount of spreading, keeping the stain a small as possible.
5. Once you have cleaned the stain and you are happy with the clean, spray your vinegar solution over the stain.
6. If possible place a fan over or near the stain to speed up the drying process. Do not use a hair dryer. Some carpet's are sensitive to too much concentrated heat and may melt.
For professional assistance call or make a booking here